Thursday, July 12, 2012

wednesday buisness

Today in class I did a lot of cleaning up and organizing of things. I went thru my website and restructured it quite a bit actually. I had to add a section for my biology classes and then reduced my classroom resources down to one page per subject area instead of one per period I teach this will keep it all organized when begin teaching in the fall again. I also added links I had to my biology website. I then went in and played around with my diigo account that my students had used this fall for their final project in my earth science class. It was not organized very well and I am not one for mess online tools. I went through and created tags for all the links students have posted this way now all the future links which get added are into categories students and myself can find easier. I hope to introduce this bookmarking tool earlier in the year in hopes students can use it all year as well as for their final project. At the end of class I decided to play with wordle as I have always loved ones I had seen on other sites. I had a blast create and playing with it but then found out that unless you want a tiny little box on your website you need to go thru some additional steps to get the wordle to be useable. I was able to get a screen shot and hopefully will be able to get it now on my website. I enjoyed learning about additional places to play with photos or make movies. I really enjoy doing this and a ot of that information will be used more for my private live. I also have started up a private website that I was going to try out for my pictures on wix.com I liked the professionalism of it. I have wanted a place to showcase my pictures as this point I would like to watermark then before I place them on my website which I can do via my ipad as I have a cool app which does this. Really this week I have gained a lot both personally and professionally. Most of all i like the fact you let us play and just have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home